This project was a LEED Gold initiative for the construction of a new Administration and Maintenance Building in the Region of Peel's Lakeview Water Treatment Plant. The work included infrastructure additions and modifications to accommodate the new facility, as well as additional retrofit work to the owner's Interim Operation Centre. All major disciplines of work have been incorporated in this project.
Below are some of the highlights of this project that enabled ASCO and the Consultant reach LEED Gold status:
- Green roof;
- Radiant in-floor heating;
- Lake-water fed radiant ceiling cooling system;
- Solar hot water heating system;
- Automated Building Management System, which controls the operable windows, lighting, heating, and cooling systems;
- New building was positioned over top of a redundant in-ground water reservoir that was converted to serve as the building's primary mechanical room and underground parking garage.